Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pradeep Mahadeshwar

Visual artist working in printmaking, illustration, photography and film making exploring the sense of energy within linear drawing form. Pradeep Mahadeshwar is also interested in the relationship between the world we live in and the symbols and mythologies created by past civilisations.

Although from Mumbai, he currently lives and works in Dublin, Ireland.

Over to the artist himself:

As a printmaker I use linear drawing on hard ground metal plates to create my images. Removing the hard ground from the burned plate surface with a sharp point and then immersing the ‘unwanted’ metal surface into acid. My approach to my work is to form a symbolic representation of this process as similar to daily human actions, for example: we intake food but our body throws away the unwanted substances. I am also exploring the old technique of map painting by filling some parts of the prints with natural colors.

I use the camera to collect images for my research. Through my work I have tried to reflect on how human efforts to achieve a healthy and safe livelihood has changed the course of our surrounding world, both visible and hidden. My work is a symbol of our existence, which is entirely dependent on the tolerance, and adaptability, of nature.”


Thank you Pradeep for allowing me to feature you and your extraordinaire work on my blog. Wishing you the best for the future.








The processing


Poster of Gulaab Gang that he made

Pradeep Mahadeshwar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horror!

In much of Indian cinema, horror as a genre has been reduced to camp, over the top, either too costumy or showing nudity, bad acting and ner...