Thursday, November 7, 2013

Louise Josephine Bourgeois

I often wonder about painting like a child. Those uneven lines, colours not related, things and people not in proportion yet these works are striking because they are made right from the heart. Not very long ago I read about some artist quoting, “I have become a successful artist but I have not learnt to paint like a child”.
After learning and understanding art, it is little difficult to paint like a child. I, as an artist, tried and failed at this wonderful style of art. Trust me it's not easy as it may appear or feel like. So, in that search I came across this brilliant artist whose work reminds me of a child that is very free of pleasing anyone or worried about being judged, and I could not help but share her works and profile here.
And also I could not help but notice that Red seems to be her favourite colour :)
Here presenting Artist Louise Josephine Bourgeois.







The artist.


Her Profile:
Louise Josephine Bourgeois was a renowned French-artist and sculptor, best known for her contributions to both modern and contemporary art.
Her spider installation titled Maman was sold for $10.7 million at a new record for an artist at an auction also got her Spider-woman titled.
She is recognized today as a founder of confessional art.
In the late 1940s, after moving to New York City with her American husband, she turned to sculpture. Though her works are abstract, they are suggestive of the human figure and express themes of betrayal, anxiety, and loneliness. Her work was wholly autobiographical, inspired by her childhood trauma of discovering that her English governess was also her father’s mistress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horror!

In much of Indian cinema, horror as a genre has been reduced to camp, over the top, either too costumy or showing nudity, bad acting and ner...