Friday, January 24, 2014

Brooch Brooch hota hai!

Finally, my dear friend Sabina Gulati made me statement brooches and rings that I always wanted. They feature my mother's photographs and have now become my prized possessions. The star-shaped brooch says 'Ishq' in Urdu is a chunky piece that I intend to wear on a nehru jacket or a solid-coloured sherwani or a casual blazer.


An old photograph of my mother's that was captured in a ring.

An old photograph of my mother that was captured in a ring and a brooch.

This brooch says 'Ishq' in Urdu and combines Islamic and Hindu elements to make a fabulous, modern, statement piece.

This brooch has a detachable arrangement to make it possible to pin to another piece.

Ring 01

Ring 02

The final look!




5 comments:

  1. wow....beautiful..i want all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like your mom :-)
    And that's supposed to be a good thing :-)

    Its good to have heirloom pieces that have soul. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous@ thanks a lot. remember you may also place an order and get it done using your loved ones pix. if interested then mail me at artist.syedaliarif@gmail.com and i will let you know the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wandering Mist@ Much appreciated and very well said. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... its ABSOLUTELY STUNNING !!!! I love wearing my mum's jewellery and just the thought of having something like this is JUSTTT SOMETHING ELSE !!! WOWW REALY !!

    ReplyDelete

Horror!

In much of Indian cinema, horror as a genre has been reduced to camp, over the top, either too costumy or showing nudity, bad acting and ner...